Math 272: Linear Algebra with Applications (Fall 2019)
Instructor: Nathan Pflueger
This course concerns the core theory of linear algebra, with specific attention to applications.
- My office hours in SMUD 401 (tentative):
- Tuesday 11:00-12:30
- Wednesday 2:00-3:30
- Friday 10:00-11:30
- Allison Tanguay's help hours:
- Sam Rothberg's help hours:
- Tuesday 9-11pm in SMUD 207
- Wednesday 8-10pm in SMUD 204
Handouts and other items
Problem sets will be posted here. All problem sets are due at 10pm, via Gradescope.
Each fundemental check is a short quiz given in class on the day specified. These are quizzes on more rote aspects of the course. You may retake any check as many times as you wish by coming to office hours and asking for a new one (at most one per day). To allow you to drill the skills, I will provide a bank of samples for each check here (with answers included).
- Lab 1: Intro to Mathematica (W 9/18)
- Lab 2: Linear combinations (F 10/4)
- Lab 3: Least Squares (W 10/23)
- Lab 4: Gram-Schmidt (F 11/8)
- Midterm 1: Wednesday 10/9, in class.
- Midterm 2: Wednesday 11/20, in class.
- Final Exam: date TBD.
- Remember to make a one-page note-sheet (front and back)!
- The final exam will emphasize topics covered since the second midterm, but may include questions from the entire course.
- Review material will be posted here closer to the exam.